● Fastest growing region in Finland
● Population 500 000
● 2nd largest airport in the country
● 2/3 of Finns live within 1,5h drive from Tampere
● Main education hubs: University of Tampere, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK)
● Main tourist attractions: Sara Hildén Art Museum is a permanent home of a collection of modern art, Näsijärvi lakeside, amusement park Särkänniemi and Näsinneula Tower.
● Tampere is the Theatre Capital of Finland with a great variety of theatre performances available throughout the year.
● International Hiphop festival Blockfest is held in August in Tampere city center.
MAIN BUSINESS AREAS AND CLUSTERS
● Top level ICT companies: Nokia, Microsoft, Rovio Enetertainment, TeliaSonera, Vincit, Ixonos, Intel, Tieto, CGI, Accenture, Solteq, Qualcomm
● Intelligent Machines, Life sciences, Manufacturing, Creative businesses, Cleantech & Energy, Nanotechnology: AGCO Power, Avant Tecno, Bronto Skylift, Cargotec, Fastems, Glaston, John Deere, Metso Automation, Metso Mining and Construction, Sandvik and subcontractors
● Hydraulics and electronics: Dynaset, DADesign, Parker Hannifin
● Design and engineering: Enmac, Comatec, Idean Enterprises
● Control and software: Novatron, CrossControl, Wapice
● Product development, testing and simulation: Creanex, OptoFidelity, Atostek
● Power and transmission: Katsa, GardnerDenver, Msc Electronics
● Manufacturing and assemblies: Takoma, HT Laser, Peiron
● Top manufacturing industries and companies: Alma Manu, Agco Power, Ata Gears, Avant Tecno, Bronto Skylift, Cargotec, DS Smith Packaging, Fastems, Gardner Denver (Tamrotor), Glaston, Huurre Finland, John Deere Forestry, Kiilto, Metso Mining and Construction, Valmet, Molok, Nanso Group, Nokian Tyres, Pajakulma, Purso, Saarioinen, Sandvik, SCA Tissue Finland, SIM Finland, UPM Kymmene, UPM Raflatac
● Cleantech companies: Wavin-labko, Doranova, Labkotec, Valmet, Andritz Hydro, Alstom, Merus Power, Adwatec, There Corporation, TPI Control, Tammervoima, Molok
● R&D Centres: Regea cell and tissue center, Finmit – the Academy of Finland centre of excellence, Biomeditech, VTT – technical research centre of Finland, Tampere surgical education center, the UKK institute, Silk – R&D center for ophthalmic innovations, Ficam – Finnish centre for alternative methods, Gerec– gerontology research center, Tacc – Tampere
center for child health, vaccine research center, hospital district science center
●● Flights: Direct flights from Helsinki, Stockholm , London/Stansted, as well as
Budapest. Depending on season direct flights also from Frankfurt/Hahn and Bremen, Milan/Bergamo, Alicante and Malaga Barcelona/Girona.
YOUR LOCAL CONTACT POINT
● Finlands 2nd Largest Chamber of Commerce Tampere CCI, CEO Antti Eskelinen +358 50-655 69, http://www.tampere.chamber.fi
● Tampere Region Economic Development Agency Tredea, http://www.tredea.fi, http://www.investtampere.fi/